Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Love




Well I thought since I have pretty much blogged about my kids I better take the time to blog at least once about my hubby (don't want him to feel left out or anything) ;-)
Hmm... Should I start at the beginning or will that make for a really long blog? yah I guess I will but I better make it short and sweet.
Ivan and I went to high school together. We became friends mainly because we had mutual friends (as in he was friends with boyfriends' of mine). He never made his feelings a secret but I didn't want to risk our friendship by dating. I called him and talked to him about everything (even things I am SURE he never wanted to hear). He loved me for who I was from the very beginning. Towards our senior year I realized I wanted to date someone who made me happy and not someone I had to pretend with. So we started dating in April 2000. By May 2001 we found out we were having a baby (needless to say we were both surprised) Ivan wanted to get married right away, he had no hesitation (like it was nothing) I on the other hand, had to do much convincing to myself and my family. I of course loved him but was one who DID NOT want to get married for a long time. I figured Cheyenne deserved this so I did it, for her... Little did I know that God would use that for His good as He does everything. I know looking back I would never have stuck out ANY relationship if it wasn't for having my kids (and later coming to Christ and realizing what a marriage was really about).
We have had MANY ups and downs but it is ALL so worth it. I can't imagine how many memories and great times I would have missed without him in my life. He is honestly my soul-mate, my better half, my everything!
I still get butterflies when he calls or texts me, I blush when he says sweet things, we still miss each other when we are away, we have amazing talks, laughs, and just overall so much fun together!
I respect the man that he is and the man he wants to be more and more. I love that he always wants to be better even though I love him for who he is. I love that he wanted to marry me even with all my flaws and knew so many years ago that I was worth waiting for when I didn't notice him for who he was... I love him for the dad that he is and the dad he wants to be. I love that he breaks out in whatever song is in his head at the time... (so funny and glad he can hold a tune cuz I can NOT) I love that he can handle cleaning up vomit cuz I can NOT... I love how silly he is and how much he makes me laugh...I just love HIM... (there is way to many to keep listing)
We have been married 10 yrs now and together 11. Have 3 amazingly beautiful children (and yes I would have more if he agreed but he does not), and God Willing I can't wait to spend many more years with him. I just know God has some great things in store for us!

No comments: