Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Oh Monday!

First of all the other day I was saying "I really wish I could tape my life everyday so I could go back and watch the reruns", so I decided I would just try to blog everyday about either my day, or what funny things my kids or husband say, or God stories... Whatever the day brings I guess.

So yesterday was just "One of those days"... you know the ones you just want to crawl back in bed and forget ever happened??!!

I woke up, drug myself out of bed and all the while I was telling myself "yep its Monday, BLAH". So as I am driving with Hadley to Cheyenne's school to drop something off. I am sitting at a red light and I start saying to myself "90% attitude, 10% effort", " Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it"... I think I said this in my head at least 3 times.... 30 seconds later I rear-ended another car... Not exactly what I was expecting as I was trying to change my perspective on the day. Needless to say I knew being on time to work was then out of the question. So I just relaxed, gave the officer my info, got back in my car, dropped the form off at Cedar Bluff Elementary, and ran Hadley to daycare....
When I went into Kindercare I read the sign saying "will be closed Oct. 10th" to find out that is a Monday I have to work so I was irritated.
Got to work 30 minutes late, to hear my client and his wife upset because he was having a health issue. So right away I was on the phone to my Case Manager, Dr's offices, and his daughter (that took about 1 1/2 hrs.) About noon I decided I needed to chart and eat something... and by then the health issue was resolved and ALL was Good in the World again....
Left work, picked Hadley and Ivan up, and went to vacuum our car out. We got all the trash out and took everything we had out of the car, just in time for it to start POURING down rain! Needless to say the car DID NOT get vacuumed....
I came home and went to my BED! But while I was there my mom called me and we just talked for awhile, had some supper, and then talked to my mother-in-law on the phone for a while. It was just relaxing!
Oh and then I almost fell down the stairs but caught myself with both hands... hurt my knee and shoulder in process. ( I blame my mother-in-law for this because she told me after my day to be careful going up and down the stair... j/k I don't blame her but it was pretty ironic)
BUT even in all those situations I sat back and said... It could be worse... Someone could have been hurt in the accident, my car could have been totaled, I could NOT have a job, I could be saying Good-bye to my client instead of making phone calls, I could have managed to break something falling down the stairs... and most of all I could not have my mom, mother-in-law, husband or kids to talk to and make me laugh.... I am just SO blessed that even when I think about just "How bad that day was" It really isn't that bad after all!!!

Oh and come to find out that Monday that the daycare is closed, is the Monday after The Esther Experience and I will be out of town for about 4 days, so I will beable to spend time with my baby girl, unpack, do laundry, clean, etc... so it was exactly what God's Plan was for me! (Why do I always question that?)

1 comment:

holly said...

Because, try as we might, we STILL cannot see the end from the beginning. But, Praise God, HE does.