Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Life as I know it

True Story: Last night Ivan and I went to bed. Which means Ivan lays down in bed and I go brush my teeth, go to the bathroom, wash my face, etc. So I come out of the bathroom and say "You better not be asleep already" Because he falls asleep at the drop of a hat and its just irritating ;-) He says "Nope not yet" So we start talking about Hadley and how she is so funny and I can't even remember what else. Next thing you know Ivan says " Fine I will get your clothes so you will quit crying" (kind of sarcastically) I of course say as I'm laughing " What are you talking about weirdo I have my p.j's on, I don't need clothes" He them says "Oh sorry I must have dozed off, and I guess was dreaming you were in the shower and needed me to grab your clothes". Well that's nice honey that you dream about me I guess but REALLY right in the middle of a conversation you can fall asleep and start dreaming and talk in your sleep... LOL I know that was T.M.I but it was SO funny I just had to share (and he will really appreciate it... bahaha)

This morning I went back to bed after getting the kids off to school and Hadley was in our bed sleeping (of course). My alarm goes off at 8:50 so I hit snooze. Two seconds later I get a kidney shot with one of Hadley's feet and before I can recover I get a full blown kick to my full bladder. Needless to say we were both awake then... Me from being in pain and really having to pee and her from me yelling out in pain.... She instantly woke up saying " sorry mom, sorry, really sorry mommy" Yes I think she knows when I yell in pain it's from her! lol

After we get up Hadley wants to get dressed and she boldly states " I can do by myself mom" Ok Hadley you get right on that... so she gets dressed and I say "Now come here so I can button your buttons" "No mom I can do it" "Alright" I said "go ahead and try it" after trying for quite sometime she finally gave in and let me do the button but as soon as I was done, she hanked her coat out of my hand and said " Now I CAN do this myself".... well la di da ... Guess she told me!!

One of the cats runs in my room this morning and I told it to get out. Hadley said "Why is the cat in you room?" I said "I don't know Hadley, did you ask her?" She said "yes I did" " well what did she say?" Hadley: "She said she wanted a drink"... (The cats come in our room to get a drink from sink or bathtub) Oh well good Hadley I'm glad you can communicate with the cats, will you tell them not to meow so much!!

I got a phone call from Cheyenne's teacher today while I was at work. She asked me if I could bring in a pumpkin for Friday's project. Then she followed with "While I have you on the phone I just have to say we love Cheyenne so much, she is such a joy to have in class, she is so intelligent, she gets everything right, and she is so funny she keeps us cutting up all day... We are just so blessed to have her this year. I hadn't had a chance to tell you that yet so I wanted you to know."
Wow I was one proud momma, and my heart just melted... This makes every year that I have heard this from her teachers! (NOW why can't she be that way at home?) ;-)

Well to end our night we went to Life Group which we absolutely love because we get to get together with some great friends and share life, pray for each other, and talk about God's word.
Unfortunately tonight we got called to come pick up Hadley who wasn't feeling well. She seems to be doing better now that she is home and laying down. I read her a Dora book and as I was counting she said "Great Job counting mom"... Ah thanks Hadley... its really good that her mom can count to 8!! lol (Considering she is 3 and has been able to count to at least 30 for quite some time now)

No comments: