Saturday, September 10, 2011

John 14:27

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

I take this verse with me where ever I go anymore. It took me a long time to fully understand this and to just trust in the Lord.
I use to be very controlling, not towards others but just in general. My house had to be totally intact, clean, sanitized, my children were on a tight schedule, everything had its place, etc. Now I am still a little OCD don't get me wrong but I am learning to let go. Those things are NOT important and you know, no matter how hard you try, you will NEVER be in control. God is in control. I love the saying " you plan and God laughs" isn't it the truth though? How many times have you tried to plan something down to the T but something goes wrong.... weather doesn't cooperate or you forget something important... It happens to us all!
ANXIETY: How many of us have had that or still do? That use to be my middle name... Anxiety attacks like crazy... I would get SO upset over everything.. what people said to me, how someone treated me, whether I upset someone else, the unknown about the future, money, how I was going to pay my bills, school, my kids, my husband and what he was doing or not doing... Lets just say that is very unhealthy!! It took moving 700 miles away from my family and friends with absolutely nothing to realize, God will provide No Matter what! It was a total Trust thing, we prayed for 2 years and knew this was where He wanted us to be! He may not provide WHAT you want but He will provide what you need, and usually it's way more than what we NEED! Anyone who lives in the United States pretty much has more than they need...
1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. (Can't be stated any simpler than that, now can it?)
I know most of us struggle with money... not having enough of it, how we should spend it, and so on. I know this is one of my many struggles. Not because I WANT more or think or believe what I have isn't enough but its hard when you have been living a certain way and with so many THINGs such as cars, internet, cable, etc that giving those things up is hard, and in America, transportation to and from jobs, schools, stores is pretty necessary... having the internet and tv is the main way to stay connected to the rest of the world esp when you have so many family and friends miles away. But the plain and simple truth is this: Ezekiel 7:19 They will throw their silver into the streets, and their gold will be an unclean thing. Their silver and gold will not be able to save them in the day of the Lord's wrath. They will not satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs with it, for it has made them stumble into sin.
Are you one of those people who is always saying or asking "WHAT IF?" We all have in the past I'm sure: whether it's what if I lose my job? what if I can't be good enough? what if it just doesn't work out? What if my husband leaves me? What if someone I love dies or gets sick?
Well I can say I have learned to never say What if? It is all up to God and there is nothing I can do about it, only He can predict the future and knows the path He wants for me... Sure it isn't always easy not knowing, or being patient to hear His word or seeing that open door but its His plan. Isaiah 26:3-4 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal.
If my life (decisions or choices I make) don't make sense to you, its because all of my decisions are based on the word of God, what He wants for me, what He has told me... It doesn't have to make sense to anyone else but me. As long as I am doing His work and taking the path lead by Him that is all that is important. I have put All my faith in Him and He has not let me down... The second I made God, my center of my marriage and life, it got a lot easy because "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

No comments: